Morning! Straight to the point.
Here’s the journal!
- Emoticon: :). Even though I did not get a lot of things done, I was engaged and I was happy. I guess this is cos I met people and talked about work and life.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 1. I am better than zero. And less than 2 of yesterday. I focussed largely on things but I was unable to not context swtich.
- Things that I am grateful for
- I am able to find things that allow me to create opportunties for myself. This is something that has held be in good stead.
- I have access to people that allow me to engage in deep conversations about life and all. I love those. These conversations help me evolve into a better human. I am hoping. And this betterness allows me to help the ones around me do better.
- Things that would make my today great
- Work. Mr. Garg, you need to buck up, please! There’s a lot open on your plate.
- Work. I mean it.
- Work. Really.
- A daily affirmation.
I am a superhero and I will save Mr. Garg from drowning into the pile of misery that could potentially fall on his head if he does not work.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- I met a client and talked to her about how her podcast can go further. I hope they action it.
- Decoding Draupadi took birth. Thanks, PS and CM.
- Had these amazing momos at Ladaki at Galleria. You must try em when you are there.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- I had carbs, late night coffee, wine and I dont know what all. Need to avoid these strictly. I wont be able to control today either – I have a lot to do and I need simulants. Sigh.
- While I was checking in the hotel, I lost my shit with the front desk staff. I was tired and all that. I shouldn’t have. #note2self.
- Quote for the day
“Not giving up is the only way to get to where you want to be.” – Harshit
What do I want to add beyond the journal? Quick commentary.
In a broad sense, yesterday was a bad day. I had carbs, coffee, and wine. As a friend quipped, Gurgaon is making me into an alcoholic. So, I am glad this trip is ending soon.
The highlight has to be the epiphany that I am at a place in life where I cant do things by myself. I can only give gyaan and hope others would do things. Along with a few colleagues, I am trying to build up a new idea. On that, the only thing am doing is giving gyaan and I am loving it. The team may hate it but I am on a literal trip. I put in less than 5 minutes a day on it and I can see the ball rolling already. That’s the kind of thing I want to be doing. Guess it’s the age!
The other thing that I want to catalog is that I am no longer taking those copious notes that I was taking till before I left for the Base Camp. Guess I’ve been busy? And no, I dont like this. I dont like not taking notes. I dont want to miss out on things. I want my notes to help me remember things. I want to grab each opportunity. This being busy is great (I am thinking less and executing a lot) but I am not building my repertoire. I need to get back to spending time with my notes / dreams / ideas etc.
Finally, the highlight was that I had a fascinating conversation yesterday with someone about life, age, death, and meaning. I wish I could reproduce it here. In one line, the other person thought I was afraid of dying (I was telling her about my will and my wanting to die the richest man in the world and my Memento Mori wallpaper) and I told her that I am afraid of the uncertainty of the afterlife (if there is one) but I know it is an inevitable end that all of us will have to reach at some point in time. And I told her that death inspires me and tells me that my time is limited and I need to act. Actually must write more on this. Let’s see when I get to do this. Adding to #toWrite list.
Ok enough for the day. Need to get going. Need to crunch a week-long worth of things into one day. Let’s see how I do this. May the force be with me.
As I end this, here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0. Lol!
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 4. Yay!
- #noCoffee – 0
- #aPicADay – o
- Daily Journal – 31
- Money spent – 2999
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 31
- 10 mins of meditation – 0.
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 31