I have started to do a new thing. Rather than the morning pages on this blog, I start my day by writing an email to Team SG. And then I copy-paste it here and redact some parts of it that I want to keep within my team. So while I still live in public, I get even more honest than I can be on a public blog. In fact, I want to reach a point in life where I am able to open my emails, WA chats, and conversations to the world and yet sleep in peace. I know I am far from that but I hope I am there someday.
So, yesterday was a blur. I dont even know where the day went. I did nothing significant or special. I dont know what it was but I was literally a zombie. I, as they say, sleepwalked thru the day. I slept at like 9. And then I woke up at 8ish. 11 hours. For someone like me, if I sleep more than 6 hours, I get mindfucked. So there.
Anyhow, Today’s Diwali. Happy Diwali to each of you!
Growing up, Diwali was an important festival. For two reasons. One, each Diwali, I would come back home to my parents from wherever I was. Most times it’s been easy. At least since 2010, the work I do allows me to control how I spend time around these large festivals. Super grateful for that. Two, I’ve for some reason treated it as the beginning of the new year. Not sure if it’s true. But it has stayed with me even though I have stopped identifying myself as a Hindu. So, to date, I consider this as a new beginning and I try and start planning the next year with all the gusto that one can imagine.
This year is no different. I am home. Yay! And I have started to think about what I’d do #in2022. I just realized that I can type started with just the left hand!
Here are the top three things that I want to do #in2022. These are in order of priority.
- Get debt-free. I will not commit to anything that requires substantial money till I can pay off my debt. I will continue to take smaller shots and make tiny investments (these are the ones that create opportunities for me) but I will pay back the loan by end of 2022. I cant live with the stress that I have people that I owe money to.
- Write book2. I have been dreaming about it since 2013-14. I need to write it. I know what I write may not make a lot of noise but I have to have to have to write. It’s something that gives me my identity. Everything else, every other attempt at getting an identity has failed. This is the only one that I think I have left.
- Get fit. I hate the days when I am unwell. Like yesterday. From today on, I am getting mindful about what I put in my system. I am not eating carbs. From tomorrow. Today is the last day of carbs. Ok. Lo-carbs. I cant remove carbs altogether. And I will get regular with yoga at least. I can’t work out and I can’t run. So, yoga! As they say, yoga se hoga! If I have to wake up early for that, I shall.
Apart from these three, I have a million things that I want to do. I will talk about those as I get along. Funny, money doesn’t feature anywhere in this list. Let’s see when I get to that.
And here’s a large decision. This somehow dawned onto me as I was waking up. That I would write book2 in public. From 15th November onward, I will replace morning pages with text for book2. And
try and complete it by end of this year.
I will seek help from the community and I will post updates on Twitter and Instagram and all that. I will share chunks of unwritten texts. I will talk loudly about my process. And I will seek support and inputs from people on how the book is shaped. Even if the book becomes stale and no one buys it, I will tom-tom about it.
The morning pages would be reduced to the journal bit. Let’s see how the experiment goes.
That’s it for the day.
As I end this post, here’s wishing each one of you a very happy Diwali. I hope the year ahead is full of love, luck, happiness, and abundance. For you, your families, your loved ones, and everyone around you. May each of you gets everything you seek. And if there’s anything I can do to push your agenda ahead, please please do let me know.
And here’s the song of the day – Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Here…
And here’s the journal!
- Emoticon: :(. I have no recollection of the day apart from one or two calls. Was like a zombie!
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 0. I tried sitting down for a session of Headspace but was interrupted.
- Things that I am grateful for
- I was at home and I could sleep in peace. On a day when I wanted to sleep and rest it out.
- Things that would make my today great
- Letter to bade log. I need to send it today. Most of it is ready. Today is as good a day to send as any.
- A daily affirmation.
I have what it takes to create opportunties for people around me.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- I could sleep ok, on a day I need to sleep. That was amazing.
- I got an opportunity to write for a film. I may not be able to get it but at least I had an opportunity. That in itself is great. Need to capitalise more on these.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- If I did not feel so sleepy throughout the day, it would have been better.
- Quote for the day
“Luck = Opportunity X Preparation”
Here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 1
- #noCoffee – 1
- #aPicADay – o
- Daily Journal – 28
- Money spent – 3856
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 28
- 10 mins of meditation – 0. I sat down yesterday but I was unable to.
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 28