8:46. Some hotel. Just had breakfast. I have time till 10:30 I think before I need to get started. That means I can write this leisurely. Assuming I have enough to write about. Let’s find out.
So, yesterday went in a blur. Before I knew it, it was 2. And then before I knew it, it was 9. Right now I am at ease. Wearing a nice, crisp shirt. Here’s a thing. When I was in Mumbai, I never cared but now that I am with my parents where things are managed, it feels great to wear a crisp shirt. Even if gets crumped in the next 3 seconds.
Gurgaon gives you so many opportunities to each kachra that you are sort of unaware of when you are not here. I mean in just yesterday, I have had momos, egg chow mein (the kinds that only exist in India), Banana cake, the famous Gurgaon paranthas, and whatnot. All these are clearly fucking with my system. I can feel the stomach revolting. I need to fix my food intake but right now I am prioritizing work over it. I know I should not. But I dont know what to do. Guess this is why they say that financial independence is the best kinds.
So, took a brand workshop yesterday for a startup. Totally enjoyed giving gyaan and seeing the aha moments come on the faces of people. I loved it. Like everyone else, I love it when I am helpful and I get paid for that! In fact, I think I was born to perform. Just that I do not have the talent to sing or dance or something. I can speak reasonably ok. I need to find how I take this ok to “great” levels. And what could I speak that makes people pay and allows me to live a fulfilling life. If you are reading this, you probably know me. Any ideas? What do you guys think?
Continuing with work, I happened to catch up with my ex-colleagues from the events industry fraternity. I realized that I miss them so much and I love them so much that I probably should’ve never quit. I may sound biased but there probably is no other industry like that. In the sense, you need to have the right mix of suaveness and street-smartness, to be able to even be a part of it. And I think I was right there. I had it. Just that I was unable to stick to it. Lol. Story of my life.
So yeah. That. And here’s the journal.
- Emoticon: :). I feel good. I slept ok last night. I hadnt slept well the night before. So that worked out well.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 1. Less distracted. But this is only becuase I could shuffle a few things and get closure on those. Need to continue to ship and I will hoipefully get better. And then I need to start with meditation.
- Things that I am grateful for
- I slept well last night. It was nice to have woken up before an alarm (like most days) but with some peace and sanity.
- I loved the hot fast shower and the crisp shirt I got to wear about it. I never realised a nice shirt could mean so much. Oh, and I need to find a way to live in the hotel.
- I could get two of my younger friends to collaborate and work together (NJ and CM). I am grateful that I can create opportunities for people around me.
- Things that would make my today great
- I would love it if the workshop is delivered well. Yesterday it went ok. Today, I need to see if I can deliver.
- I have been asked to attempt a script. Let’s see if I am able to get that out of the way. It would be nice if I could.
- I will try to skip Coke. If I can do that, nothing like it.
- A daily affirmation. I can control my urges and not give in to things that could harm me. I will be able to avoid things like Coke today.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- Same as gratitude piece. That I could create opportunities for people around me. Just need to scale it.
- Delivered the brand workshop reasonably well. Need to do that today as well.
- A friend was in distress. I could help her while she went through a pot-boiler of emotions.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- If I could avoid eating kachra, it would have been awesome.
- If I did not waste time and ensured that I got more done, it would have been better.
- Quote for the day
“Luck is the best superpower” – Elon Musk. And you need to work on developing luck. I can probably give a discourse on this (not that I have been lucky but I am fairly ok on that department).
This is about it for the day. And here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 0. Had 2. Will try and stop from after today.
- #noCoffee – 0. Sipping on to one as we speak. Will stop from after today.
- #aPicADay – 11. Yesterday’s here. I had decided to click a Red pic and I had to force myself to find redness around me. I had to sort of create the frame and it was an interesting challenge to do so. Let’s see what color do I choose right now.
- Daily Journal – 12
- Money spent – 21465. And no, I did not buy an asset per se. It was spent on something random that I hate hate hate.
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 12
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 12