9:09. Starbucks. Yay!
I can’t begin to tell how excited and happy and content I am to be at a Starbucks. And a predictable place where I have fairly fast wi-fi, decent music, ok coffee, and clean indoors. I dont know why I dont live next to one. I mean in Mumbai, I lived next to 5. But that’s past now. The new place I find in whatever city I choose to live in has to be next to a Starbucks. If I go to Goa, then I am not sure. But if it’s a legit city, I need a house next to a Starbucks. Or a 24X7 co-working.
Ok. Today, I have started a new thing. Each day, first thing in the morning, I plan to send a list of things that I plan to work on to my team. And then by EOD, I want to update them on how I did during the day. I have already mailed them what I am going to do. These include things that I would do for money and things I would not do for money. Today was day 1. So let’s see how it goes. I will also add it to my streaks.
Continuing on that, I also spotted this Twitter thread by Sanjay Mehta where he talks about his journaling. He says his journal has the following sections…
- An emoticon that describes how he’s feeling
- A Mindful Index
- Quote of the day
- Things that he is grafeful for on that day.
- Things that would make today great.
- A Daily affirmation
- 3 amazing things that happened yesterday.
- What could have made my previous day better.
I think this is a brilliant method to journal and capture the thoughts in your head. I think I will copy this. While SM does this with pen and paper, I am far from it. I am trying to adopt minimalism. So, for starters, I will capture these here. On morning pages. Here we go…
- Emoticon: :). Started the day with a wretched mood when I could not get a cab. Had to take an auto and the metro. Worked out to be honest cos I could find an open Starbucks by the time I reached.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 2. Been very very distracted lately. A lot’s on my mind with respect to work. Let’s see how I fare.
- Things that I am grateful.
- a, the fact that I can afford expensive coffee.
- b, the fact that I am back after an ardous trek to the Base Camp.
- c, my parents that give me so much freedom that it’s criminal.
- Things that would make my today great
- I plan to write my quarterly update to bade log. If I can manage that, I would be happy.
- If I can avoid eating crap (even though I am out the entire day), I would be happy.
- A daily affirmation. I live in abundance and I have access to all the resources I need to make things happen.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- Gave gyaan to a friend on podcasting
- Got back to work. Had some calls. Realised how much I miss working!
- What could have made yesterday better?
- If I could work out of an office or a cafe, I would have liked it
- If I was little less sleepy, I would be better.
- If I could’ve got some workout in, even better!
- Quote for the day: “Amor Fati“
Ok. This took me a lot of time. But I am glad I did this. Made me think, reflect and really get in my head. So cool! Thanks, Sanjay!
Moving on with the day. Here’s the streaks.
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 1
- #noCoffee – 0. Having one as we speak.
- #aPicADay – 1. Here.
- Daily Journal – 1. Started today
- Money spent – Did not track. Will start from today.
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 1
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1. I am retaining this from last time around.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 2