Today is Shahrukh Khan’s birthday. I am not sure of his acting or whatever but I know that he’s the guy that comes to my head when I think of love stories coming to life. When I think of hard work leading to success. When I think of the conduct of an individual inspiring generations to come. When I think of possibilities. When I think of ambition. When I think of how life ought to be.
And I think of him everytime I have to ask a girl out. Everytime I have a heartbreak. Everytime I need to think of a sad song. Everytime I meet someone called Kiran. Everytime I even spread my arms.
And it’s just not me. It is probably everyone in my generation. And the one after me. And the one after me. That, ladies and gents, is SRK for me. On his birthday, all I can say is, thank you, Shahrukh Khan. I am a tad better because of you.
Ok. Coming onto morning pages, the real one. Here’s a recap of the day. Yesterday was mostly ok. Did a lot of work, pitched for new work, sent some invoices for work done in the last few months, created opportunities for some people, spoke to a friend who’s getting married, met another one for dinner. In all, had a good time. Today will be a tad stressful. I am hoping I can find a way out but let’s see.
So this is about it for the day. And here’s the journal.
- Emoticon: :). Was ok yesterday. I think I have been able to make peace with how things are around me.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 0.
- Things that I am grateful for
- Even with so many things around me to juggle, I am able to manage my time in a way that I want to.
- I love the tastelessness of water! I love to sip on it. And I am grateful that I can have enough and more of it.
- Things that would make my today great
- Like I said, I have way too many things to juggle today. Some of those are overlapping. And the ones that are overlapping are the kinds that need urgent attention and are demanding. If I can manage those well, I would be ok.
- A daily affirmation.
I am able to manage all the stress without affecting the moods of people around me. I am good like that.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- PS is back at work after her break. She’s one of those people that I wished I had met earlier in life. Everytime I speak to her, I find someone who I can trust, someone I know will have my back, someone I’d like to work with for the rest of my life.
- Met a prospective client. I loved talking to him. As always, I realised that I love it when I am talking to new people. I feed off the energy of others. Need to make a structured thing around it!
- What could have made yesterday better?
- As always, if I could eat less, it would have been nice. I almost did not eat till about 1 and then I threw my hat in the ring.
- At work, I was rude to a colleague. I shouldn’t have been. I apologised but I need to control these bursts.
- Quote for the day
“Two people are always right. The one that says he can. And the one that says he can’t”
Here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 0
- #noCoffee – 0
- #aPicADay – o
- Daily Journal – 26
- Money spent –
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 26
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 26