8:43. Just woke up. Home.
Yesterday was fun. I met a few friends. This was after a while I met someone and I realized how much I love meeting people and spending time talking about work and life and all that. I mean the phone and the texts and all that is around and I can on it all the time. But there is something about meeting people f2f that virtual communication can’t really deliver.
Staying on the theme of virtual communication, I have been spending a lot of time on social media (twitter, Instagram, facebook and others) lately. All of it needs to stop. I have larger things to work on and not worry about validation from friends and strangers. Today on, I will use two phones – one for critical communication (calls, emails, WhatsApp) and the other for all frivolous ones (twitter, Instagram etc). Let’s see how that experiment goes.
In other news and a quick #note2self, yesterday, I met a guy that asked me about my work and made me realise that I probably suck as much because I dont make the effort to make phone calls. I have no problems to be honest to make these phone calls. Just that I am the kinds that respect other people’s times and do not bother them. And I expect exactly this from others when they speak with me. So, maybe I need to change this as I go along. In fact this is what the Everesrt Base Camp should have taught me. That life is so fragile, so unprdictable, so harsh that a mere phone call can’t really hurt!
Anyhow. More later. For the time being, here’s the journal for the day.
- Emoticon: :|.
Indiffernet. Not happy. Not sad. Not content. Thinking about money and life and all that.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 2.
I remain 2.
- Things that I am grateful.
- I have friends that I can meet and be myself and have a great time meeting.
- I have the confidence to walk into a coffee store and use my time to get things done, rather than getting stuck in the traffic (when I get late)
- Things that would make my today great
- I am to meet a senior from college. If that meeting converts into business, it would be great.
- If I can ship the quarterly letter, it would be great. I have written a large part of it yesterday.
- A daily affirmation.
I have all that I need to live happy and healthy.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- Met a friend from MDI. Realised that I am not touchy / feely / huggy with the closest of my friends.
- Interviewed some amazing people for The Podium. These kids that AD had found are among the best we’ve had in a long long time. I just hope they come on board and take us to greater heights.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- If I could have had a cab, the day could have started better.
- I could not avoid eating kachra yesterday. I need to learn how to do that. I ended up eating nachos and peanuts and I dont know what else.
- One random person I was hoping to meet cancelled on me. I need to become someone that no one cancels on! Dunno how. But that.
- Quote for the day
From Will Smith. If you and I get on a theadmill together, there are two outcomes possible. Either you are getting off it before me. Or I am going to die on it. Here.
Moving on with the day. Here’s the streaks.
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 1
- #noCoffee – 0. Had 2 yesterday.
- #aPicADay – 2. Here.
- Daily Journal – 2
- Money spent – Did not track. Will start from today.
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 2
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1. I am retaining this from last time around.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 3