8:20. Yet another hotel. This trip of staying in a different bed each night is exactly what I had dreamed of all my life. Never knew I would do this in Delhi / Gurgaon and at my own expense. In my dreams, I was this high-flying super amazing, successful dude that the clients would give an arm and a leg for and hotels would be a small part of it.
Dont have a lot of time today. I need to get into work thingy by 9 AM. That means I have less than 20 minutes to write things and get going.
So yesterday was a very interesting day. I met a senior from college. Picked his brains about life and all that. Realized that I have just about 10 useful years left. Makes me sad that I have spent my entire life and haven’t achieved anything. I’ve not even written as much as I would’ve liked to.
While I was being sad about wasting my time and life, I stumbled onto some music from some live sessions that Lucky Ali is doing this year. I got even sadder. The guy’s a childhood hero and now he is literally off-sync. Of course, there’s this charm about listening to music that you loved so much when you grew up but age has clearly “rusted” his ability to sing. The good part is that I saw a post from him where he said Mahesh Mathai and he are working on another video. Which is a great thing. The guy directed the classic O Sanam – probably the first track that I fell in love with. And they are collaborating with Mike McCleary, again a long-time Lucky Ali contributor.
I also found and saw this TEDx talk where Lucky Ali talks about his life and philosophy. Do see it if you get time.
Wow. I wrote a lot. And there is more.
At the behest of a friend, I took the Enneagram Personality Test. You can take it as well for free here. I am not sure what is the interpretation and what are my next steps but the great thing is that I could predict the outcome even before I took the test. So that was a great thing. Pat on the back for scoring high on self-awareness bit 🙂
Guess this is about it.
Here’s the journal.
- Emoticon: :). I feel good even if I am sleep deprived. I have realised that I am very very happy and engaged when I am juggling multiple balls. Even if some of those fall down.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 0. Super distracted. I can’t focus on a thing for more than 10 seconds.
- Things that I am grateful for
- I can create opportuntiies and circumstances that allow me to get things done.
- I have people around me (including bosses, managers, clients) that understand where I am coming from and allow me to do what I want to do.
- Things that would make my today great
- I have a workshop to take. If I can deliver a good one, I will feel great about myself. I know I am good at it but each workshop is new with new participants and thus the chase of greatness in the success of it.
- If I can close the open tasks from the last week, it would be great.
- I really need to work on my health. It would be great if I could stop with the coke and coffee and carbs. And maybe get onto OMAD?
- A daily affirmation. I am good at what I do and it’s my duty to deliver with the best of my abilities. And I must. I must do whatever it takes to get things done to the best of my abilities.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- Met people from Team SG. It was good fun to catch up with the future.
- Got some work done. Yay! I need to just accelerate on that and do a lot more.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- I shouldnt have to stay up for work. If I had managed time better, it would have been nice. Lesson for the day is to manage time better.
- I would have liked if I did not have all that coffee.
- I would have loved if I did not have to struggle to find an autorickshaw to come to the hotel.
- Quote for the day
“Be reliable. Unreliability can cancel out other virtues.” – Charlie Munger. Found this via this tweet. This one quote is VERY important to me. The kinds that I would like to pin up on the wall in front of me. If you add resourcefulness to the mix, you would become unbeatable!
This is about it for the day. And here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 0. Had 2.
- #noCoffee – 0. Too much coffee. Need to get a grip. I will try to not have any nmore today. And then get onto the streak.
- #aPicADay – ??. Was on 10. Yet to post today’s
- Daily Journal – 11
- Money spent – 9752. Wow!
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 11
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 11