8:54. Some hotel in Gurgoan. Before you ask, no I am not sick or tired of sleeping on a different bed each night. I actually like it. Let’s see how many days this continues.
Ok morning pages. I have to start by “declaring” that today I am fasting. Come what may. And I will not even have coffee. Or Coke. Only water. And chewing gum. I dont feel good. There’s way too much kachra that I have been feeding myself. I mean there’s nothing that comes close to eating the perfect Chole Bhature in Delhi and the after-taste is great and you feel good. But after a while, all the maida sort of blows up my belly. So, I am done. At least today. Not sure about tomorrow. But today, I am on a fast. If I eat something today, I will donate 5000 to a charity of Krishna’s choice.
With that out of the way, let’s talk the real morning pages.
So, unless you live under the cave, you would know that SRK’s son is in jail. And there was this Fab India ad that created a storm. And yesterday I discovered there was another ad by Ceat that made people mad. And I think I mentioned on morning pages that an email exchange on my alumni group sort of showcased the rift in the society and the angst that is simmering just below the surface.
And, it SUCKS. To a point that I have decided (and it’s a #lifeEvent for me) that I will move on. And I regret that I did not move on earlier. I don’t know what I would do (the skills I have are not really transferable) but I will move on. Even if I have to become a cabbie. I know it’s one life and time doesn’t turn back and I am closer to my death than how many years I have been around. I know my biggest “career” bet (with films with TRS, in terms of efforts, money, emotions) is right here. I know that I wouldn’t be able to start from scratch. But I know that I am out. I will probably plan the move. I mean it may take a few months. Or a few years. Or whatever. But I will move on. Here’s a promise to self. #sgLifeGoal. I will not die in India. Unless I can “affect” how India is.
Here’s the journal.
- Emoticon: :|. It’s tough being who I am. Conflicted. All over the place. Spread out. Etc etc.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 1.
- Things that I am grateful for
- The fact that I can decide on how to spend my time.
- The fact that I can use the gift of the gab decent enough to get things done and create opportunities.
- Things that would make my today great. Just one thing.
- If I can fast, it would be great. I’ve been up for 40 odd minutes and I’ve just had water. Need to sustain this for another 14 or so hours 😀
- A daily affirmation. I can control my urges and wishes. I am the master of my sense. If I decide to stay hungry, I can go for hours. And even days.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- I ate Chole Bhature yesterday. Loved the taste. I realised that I am not as taste-dead as I thought I was.
- It was amazing to sit by myself in an empty office of a friend and get a few things done.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- Work. Funnily, there is nothing on the top of my mind but work. I would have loved to get more things done than what I got done yesterday.
- Food. If I could control the food that I ate, it would be better.
- Quote for the day
Dar ke aage jeet hai! Lol!
Guess this is about it for the day. And here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 3
- #noCoffee – 0
- #aPicADay – 14. Yesterday’s here.
- Daily Journal – 15
- Money spent – 11268
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 15
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 15