Hello! If you want to work with me, in any capacity, please do read this page before signing the dotted line. I have outlined my ethos, principles, quirks, that I live by.
There are not in any order.
- I know this too shall pass.
- While I may be easygoing about almost everything and I hold no stand on any issue affecting us as humans, Indians, nature or whatever, I tend to take myself and my work seriously. And yet, I like lighthearted communication. As some of the comics would say, I don’t have a stick up my arse.
- I do have a stick up my arse when it comes to time. Time is the most important asset that we have. I respect other people’s time and I want my time to be respected as well.
- Each person I work with (I like to work with people and not with companies), I assume that they and I would be in business forever and I want to take a very long-term view of things. You know, like Naval says, play long-term games with long-term people. I am a long-term person. And I want to work with long-term ones.
- I trust handshakes more than I trust contracts. I have been hurt, short-charged, taken for a ride, stabbed in the back, and all that. But I continue to maintain that people are generally good and I want to continue to trust handshakes.
- I can NOT focus. I will do multiple things at the same time. My magic comes from spreading myself too thin. This also means that most things I do, I do not reach a logical conclusion.
- I like building in public. This means that I will talk about what I am working on out loud. On blogs, websites, Twitter, and every other place I hang out at. I can NOT keep secrets. I can not stifle my thinking just because the partners I work with want to keep it secret.
- Progress > Perfection.
- I want to ship. Steve Jobs said it the best, “real artists ship“.
- I am straightforward. I will call a spade a spade.
- I like being honest from the get-go. It saves time for everyone involved.
- If you speak to me politely, I will lay down my life for you. However, if you try to throw your weight around, we may not be able to work together.
- I believe that I need to do unto others as I want them to do with me.
- I think I am the luckiest person in the world. Even if I get dealt a few bad hands, over the long-term, I am lucky.
- I am not religious.
- I like to have a sense of urgency in how I work. Read this.
- I am a study in contrasts and contradictions. I suspect I have mild bipolar disorder. And while I am at it, I do believe that I had ADHD / ADD or whatever is the equivalent for adults. PS – I use these terms loosely and I may actually not suffer from these.
If you want to know more about me, do read this Culture Book that I got written for C4E.
Last updated on 25 Mar 2021