7:58. Home. After three days I think. Not that I missed it. Not that I hoped I would have any better. But home nonetheless.
So I have a lot planned for today. Essentially it is catching up with all the things that I have been procrastinating for the last few days. In fact, like this entire week has been, yesterday was a blur. I was stuck till about 8 in a situation that I could not wring myself out of. And then I was stuck in traffic. And then when I reached home, I was mindfucked like a mad man. I even put an emo tweet out. See this. Of course, I learned instantly that these emo tweets dont help. While you put those because you want to share and there is no one else that you want to share things with, you also somewhere expect that dark cloud would part and some light will shine through. And no, strangers dont text you and give you validation. God doesn’t appear and gives you a magic potion of happiness. Whatever you seek, it is not forthcoming. You need to get over things yourself. So that’s a lesson!
In fact, reminds me, till a few years ago, I would not filter any of my thoughts and rant like a bitch on twitter and blog and everywhere else. You know, I was living in public to an extreme level! But I was in my early 30s, I wanted to make a dent (still want to) and I would take a lot of inputs and adapt myself. A lot of well-meaning people told me that by putting things out like that, I come across as an overly emotional person and that means the kind of opportunities I want and seek dont come my way. This also meant that I was exploding my gullible nature to the world and I got taken for a ride. And thus I stopped.
But, as I am growing older, I am realizing that even if the world takes me for a ride, I want to live authentic, honest and public life. I dont want to be in the rat race. And I want to live for myself. And do things for myself. And I want to make a billion dollars while I do that. And more.
So, back to emo, shit posting. Tolerate it. Or ignore it.
Ok. Moving on.
Last night when I was on my way back home, I was pukish! I know what it was. A lot of coffee (I must have had some 20 cups, if not more). Very less food (ate literally nothing). Pollution (I must have travelled some 100 KMs within the city).
And I did not like it at all. In fact, I hated it. So, today on, even if I am dying, I shall not have coffee. Or coke. And everything I eat will be done with mindfulness and with an assumption that my body is my temple and everything that goes in needs to be carefully vetted.
Finally, the last large thing that happened yesterday was when I was talking to a friend. In a casual conversation, I was talking about how I am and what I do, I happened to talk about money. And the responses made me sick. I realised that I am one of those urban poor. You know, the world (and my friends and contacts) assumes that I am this rich person with a lot of assets and money and all that. In fact I live like that (you know, Starbucks, Apple, Nike etc). However, IRL, I may not be that. No, the money is not important. Important is that the people dont understand me.
Wait. Why should they? Who are they? What do they owe you? After all, its your life and you need to find your way around things.
Ok, final thing about today. I just realised I love it when I am alone. I am home and I am not liking the movement around me. You know, the helps and non-stop door bell and all that. I am dying to step out. But then the nearest Starbucks is like 12 KMs away! Plus this time of the day, right after I wake up, this time is the most important time of the day for me. I get some things done. I catch up on email. I write these morning pages. I think about things to be done. I make grand plans for things. I hate the failures. I mean I go thru thus wide range of emotions on a day to day basis and I think the time in the morning the one that I need the most. I dont know what to do preserve it. Except stepping out as soon as I wake up ;P
Ok, enough. Here’s the journal.
- Emoticon: :|. Was feeling shitty for last 2-3 days. Ok now.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 1.
- Things that I am grateful for
- Back home to my parents. I may want to be alone but this is where I belong. Need to find a balance.
- The ability to stay calm in most dire situations.
- Things that would make my today great
- I think my work means the world to me. More than anything else. I need to thus find a way to get things done. And if I do that, I would be happy and today would be great.
- I will step out at some point in time today. When I do that, I will probably goto a Starbucks and I would want to NOT order a coffee while I am there. If I can stay away from coffee and coke, it would be great.
- A daily affirmation
I am the master of my time. I need to give it to others and when I do give it out, I will do so at my terms.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- The cab ride back home was good. Even though I was pukish, I enjoyed it a lot!
- I had the office machine-wali coffee yesterday. Had some 10 cups. I enjoyed the taste of sugar and milk-powder and all that. I got pukish as well. The Amazing thing is that I now know what I need to avoid.
- Another ex-client called and wanted to offer me work. It is less than what I would want to charge for a 3-day project. But it’s work nonetheless. Yet to decide if I am taking it up. Let’s see.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- If I reacted better to the news and things around me, it would’ve been better.
- Quote for the day
“I wasn’t much of a petty thief. I wanted the whole world or nothing.” – Charles Bukowski. I even tweeted this yesterday.
And here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 0. Had a few. Wont have today on.
- #noCoffee – 0. Had a few. Wont have today on.
- #aPicADay – 7. Here is today’s.
- Daily Journal – 7
- Money spent – Did not track. Must have spent 500 odd except the hotel bill.
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 7
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 7. Making it 7 to help track things easy. Most things I do thus get in the sync.