7:19. Yet another hotel room. Loving this life where I work for a large part of the day. And then I drag the small suitcase to the hotel that I want to. And while I do that, I catch up with a friend. And then I sleep. And then I wake up and get writing these morning pages. I could get used to a life like this. In fact, this entire movement around and not having a stable place to be at is giving me the feels! Yeah, man. The feels!
Ok. In terms of yesterday. Work and all. Thoughts and all. Life and all.
So the second day of the workshop went ok. It wasn’t as good as the first one. But went ok. I can improve on a few things. Let’s see how the next one is. One thing is for sure. I need to talk more about this to people. I mean I think I do a good job and this deserves to reach more people. Need to make it more popular and known. #note2self #sgTodo
The other things that I was supposed to, I did work on a lot but I could not find to close all of those. I’d say I could’ve done more. Let’s see when I get to a day when I have done enough to be able to have a big smile on my face when I am writing these morning pages.
Today I have a lot on my plate. Let’s see what I deliver on it. It’s 7:40 right now and once it’s about 9, I will have to literally dive into work! And I have a
few lot of things that are open ever since I’ve come back from the base camp. Including a travelogue that I want to write about the basecamp trek!
In things that I want to capture is the intolerance and the worst and the best that religious conversations bring out. Yesterday, on the alumni group of my business school, the alumni committee wishes everyone on the occasion of Eid. Someone responded and asked why did they skip wishing on other festivals. It was not long before it took a communal angle. And then from there it just went downhill. People that have gone to a premier business school engaged in heated exchanges, name-calling, questioning, and dunno what else. And this is a group of highly educated, reasonably smart people that are probably more aware than an average joe.
I dont know what has happened to the country that I’ve grown in. I dont know what to do about it. Can’t blame others. Can’t find the problem. Can’t fix it. DAMN!
Anyhow. This is about the morning pages. Here’s the journal.
- Emoticon: :). I feel good. Even though I did not sleep ok, I am at a desk, staring into the sun, appreciating it as it comes up and fills me with life. No photo can do justice to how it is.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 1.
- Things that I am grateful for
- I am grateful that I have this sun coming up as I am writing this. I am so so so content in this moment. I have no worries and even though things I am working on need urgent attention, I am not anxious.
- I am grateful that I love water so much. I have had 2 litres since I woke up.
- I am grateul that I am able to plan a large part of my day.
- Things that would make my today great
- I would love if I can deliver on open projects. If not all, some.
- I would be great if I could actually go back home. Only to meet my parents. And nothing else.
- Like yesterday, If I can skip coke, it would be great. In fact, I would love it if I could do OMAD.
- A daily affirmation. I look great and I have this brilliant sense of clothing and dressing.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- I could yet again make things happen for people around me. This time I did not create opportunties per se but helped people close on projects that they needed help with.
- I had a tough conversation with someone else about things that needed to be done. I am typically the kinds to avoid tough conversations. But I managed one. I should lean more into such tougher chats more often. #note2self
- Got CM to agree to spending sometime everyday on helping me with where I want to be in life. I have tried to have multiple people like that but none seems to be panning out. Let’s see if CM sticks. Wish me luck.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- If I could deliver on more things at work, I would have liked it. I had decided that I would not sleep last night till I finish various projects. But I could not. The day would’ve been better if I could.
- If I could have got about 10 minutes of meditation in, it would have been better. I would try to get it in today. Right after shower. Let’s see.
- Again, if I could skip coffee, it would have been amazing. To be honest, I would not be able to do it today either. But I can definitely skip Coke. And gun for OMAD.
- Quote for the day
“Discipline not desire, determines destiny.” – Anon. Thanks to Harshit for sending me this. Must say that he sends me a quote everyday and I read those and they are really unlifting. He’s been doing it for 1069 days as we speak. I am amazed as his consistency!
Guess this is about it for the day. And here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 1. Avoided it. I almost had one. But then skipped.
- #noCoffee – 0. Had quite a few. Let’s see if I can quit today on.
- #aPicADay – 12. Yesterday’s here.
- Daily Journal – 13
- Money spent – 19501. Again, random expense. From today on, need to get these in order.
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 13
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 13