8:39 AM. Starbucks. Somewhere in Gurgaon. 🙂
Just the thought that I am at a Starbucks makes me happy! The typing is faster and my mood is generally better. Yay! Having access to a public place to kickstart my mornings is THAT important to me. And since I know it now, I must do whatever it takes to create a routine, a life that ensures that I get my mornings to myself. #note2self
So I am in Gurgoan for the next few days. Let’s see how it is. So far, to be honest, I like it. I never imagined I would. To me, it was a concrete jungle without a soul. I was wrong. Even if I dont have any people around, I like it. For some reason. Probably, the novelty of a new city, the experience of new places and the wonder of a different culture (while we are in India, Gurgoan is distinct from Delhi, which is distinct from Mumbai) is alluring? Let’s see if this stays with me after a few days.
What could also be helping this cheery mood is that I am sleeping in hotels. Something that I love so much that I want to build a life where I literally live in a hotel. You know, a serviced apartment. The good part is that I am ready for it. In the sense, I dont have any material things (things like photos of loved ones, things that you gather from your travels across the world, memorabilia, books, white goods, and other such things) that I want to stock the place I live at with. Except for a toothbrush and toiletries. So that.
Also, since I am here (Delhi / Gurgoan) for an extended time, I am meeting all the friends, mentors, and others that I have not met in a while. And I am loving it. If I had my way, I would merely meet people, talk, and imagine what the world could be.
I must write about meeting Vijesh. Each time I meet him, he makes me think deeply about where I am in life and what I want from life. He always challenges me to think beyond what I am capable of. And he leaves me with questions that I continue to ponder upon long after I am done with meeting him. This time around as well he has asked me a few things that I am left thinking about. I need to find answers. Let’s see when I do that. Maybe around Diwali when there’s nothing else to do?
Guess this is it for the day. Today as well, I plan to meet some people and then sleep at a hotel. In case you are around Gurgaon, lemme know. Am here till Tuesday night for sure.
Here’s the journal.
- Emoticon: :). Probably because I am at a Starbucks and typing away to glory ;P
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 0. Literally 0. I am still distracted. I need to find a solution to this.
- Things that I am grateful for
- The world I live in gives me the opportunities to find places like Starbucks that I can sit at and write.
- The life I have created allows me to live by myself when I feel the need to. And yet it allows me to find connections whne I need to.
- I have people like Vijesh that I can bank on, when I need counsel. Even when I dont need counsel, I can reach out and chat about life and all.
- Things that would make my today great
- Again, work. I need to finish all that is pending. Or else Monday would come crashing down on me. And I would hate that!
- If I could get some unexpected meetings, it would be a nice surprise and it would be great!
- A daily affirmation. I can be super productive when I want to be and I can do all that I am supposed to.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- Met Vijesh. This is the third time I am putting his name here 😀
- Got some work done. Again, work is such a large part of how I live my life.
- What could have made yesterday better?
- I think it was as close to a perfect day as any. Maybe I could’ve ended it with a dinner with someone from opposite gender?
- I would have liked to have better sleep than what I had yesterday.
- If I could eat better, nothing like it!
- Quote for the day
“Want to get lucky? Take more shots.”. Thanks to Harshit for sharing this.
And here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 0. Had 4!
- #noCoffee – 0. Had I dont know how many.
- #aPicADay – 10. Today’s. Yesterday’s
- Daily Journal – 10
- Money spent – 3031
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 10
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 10