7:12. Some hotel in Gurgaon. I had stayed overnight.
So, the number of times I have come to Gurgaon this trip, I could have rented a place here to live and save money on travel, hotel etc. Ya, I refuse to stay with friends and spend money on hotels. Actually, I like the idea of being by myself, with some me time and experience the convenience offered by a hotel. Like right now, I am in a hotel room, darkness around me, sitting on a lounger, feet perched on a table and writing away to glory. I would love to control things like this. Just that I would love to get more time for self.
Yesterday was adventuous, to say the least. I did some work. I couldnt attend a couple of meetings that I had planned. I couldnt deliver on a few things that I had promised to people – including a chat with a someone I could potentially do a startup with. I am not managing my time well at all. And the worse part is that I am not just whiling my time on day dreaming or something. I am just stuck. If I were day dreaming, I would be happy. But I was not. So that.
The highlight of the day was a dinner with a friend at this place in Gurgaon where they had live music. Even though I had to wear shoes, I realised how much I love muted lights, great service and live music. Especially with tracks that I can sing along to. The band that I was with yesterday played the rom-com tracks that I love so much. Their selection was right out of my playlist. I couldnt have requested for more tracks to be honest. Plus the band played really well. I wish I could take them home :D. Plus, while I was there, I realised I like the idea of spending money and availing experiences and comforts with the money. The entire EBC trip was that. Money is such an important part of life and I seem to be chasing it like a mad man and I dont know the way out 🙁
Anyhow. Guess this is it in terms of how I spent my day yesterday. I can write more but must take a pause and get going.
So, here’s the journal…
- Emoticon: :). I am loving that I am at by myself at a hotel room. I think I must find a way to live at a serviced apartment / hotel in life.
- Mindful Index (on a scale of 10): 1. Need to really amp this up.
- Things that I am grateful for
- I am able to afford semi-decent places to stay back should I get late at some place. I need to find a way to not even think multiple times about booking a place. Let’s see when I reach that point.
- Things that would make my today great
- There are a lot of things open since I started work after the EBC trip. If I can complete a few of those, I would be happy and the day would be great!
- Yesterday, even though I was in Gurgoan, I could not meet people. Today it looks tough as well. I need to be able to find a way to juggle time and be more meticulous about how I spend my time. If I can manage that, it would be a great day.
- A daily affirmation
I control my time and I can say no to things that would be time syncs. And say yes to things that I think would help me live better and grow in the times to come.
- Amazing things that happened yesterday?
- Met a friend for dinner.
- Got to stay at a hotel overnight. I love it when I get to stay. Maybe I like the idea of being on the move all the time?
- What could have made yesterday better?
- If I could’ve managed time better and been little more assertive, it would’ve been better.
- Quote for the day
From Shravan Kumar – “Home is behind and the world ahead”. Apparently, this is the title of a film. Not sure of that. But on first thoughts, this is a lot more than a film. I mean this is everything that I sort of stood for in life and to see a line express my thoughts like that is brilliant!
And here’s the streaks…
- OMAD – 0
- #book2 – 0
- NOFAP – 0
- #noCoke – 0. Had 2.
- #noCoffee – 0. Sipping onto coffee as we speak.
- #aPicADay – 5. Here is today’s.
- Daily Journal – 5
- Money spent – Tracked. Will start cataloging soon.
- Killer Boogie – 0
- 10K steps a day – 0
- Surya Namaskar – 0
- Daily Mail to #teamSG – 5
- 10 mins of meditation – 0
- Minimaslism Counter – -3 +1. I am retaining this from last time around.
- Morning Pages / Meditations – 6